Puffy eyes are a situation in which the eyes begin swelling. Usually, puffy eyes will resolve on their own, or after basic home treatments. This condition occurs for many reasons including allergies, stress, eye fatigue, excessive crying, and inherited facial features.
Waking up with puffy eyes can make you look tired and ill, it also makes you look stressed out. Because puffy eyes can be really frustrating, we decided to gather some ways on how to resolve this problem using simple and all natural remedies.
For normal puffy eyes that are not a cause of any medical related eye condition, follow these steps.
- Wash your face with ice cold water
- Use ice or cold pack.
All Natural Home Remedies for Puffy Eyes:
- Soak two tea bags in hot water for a few minutes. Take them out and let them cool down.
- Lie down and gently place the tea bags over your eyelids and cover them with a soft cloth.
- Leave them in place for 10 to 15 minutes.
- For best result, repeat this process for two to three times a day.
- Cut a cucumber into thick slices.
- Chill the sliced cucumber in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Gently place the cold sliced cucumber in your eyelids for about 10 minutes or until they become warm.
- For best result, repeat this process several times a day.
- Peel, wash and dry a medium size potato.
- Grate the potato and put the shaving in a clean soft cloth and tie it up.
- Place this cloth over your eyelids for several minutes.
- Repeat this process until the puffiness subsides.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of salt in a bowl with four cups of water. Make sure the water NOT too hot or too cold.
- Soak cotton balls or wool eye pads in the water mixture and place them over your eyelids for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Gently apply the aloe vera gel on the are under the eyes. The antioxidants and Vitamin E content of aloe vera are effective in reducing puffiness.
- Put some strawberries in the refrigerator and chill it for 30 minutes.
- remove the top part and slice it into thick pieces.
- Lie down and relax, gently put the strawberry slices under your eyes for several minutes.
- Chill six metal spoons in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place the rounded portion of the cold spoons against your eyes for a few minutes or until the spoons become warm.
- As the spoon warms, replace it with another cold metal spoon.
- Repeat this process several times a day.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes when it is itchy. Instead, apply a cold compress.
- Avoid irritants and allergens.
- Drink plenty of water because when the body is well hydrated, there is less chance of water retention that can cause your under-eye area and other parts of your body to swell.
- Increase your intake of Vitamins.
You can easily make your puffy eyes disappear next time by these simple and all natural home remedies. Hope it helps!