For centuries, lemons have been used to treat diseases as well as for hair and skin care. Lemon water, which is made by squeezing the juice of the lemons into a glass of water, is a refreshing, energy boosting, and healthy drink which comes wonderful benefits. Let’s find out!
- Fresh lemon and water contain a good amount of natural antioxidants that effectively fights free radicals and flush them out of your body. It is also a good source of vitamin C that helps repair damaged skin cells and minimize the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes.
- The antioxidant properties and vitamin C content of lemon water help the body in collagen production which is essential in smoothing out lines in the face and firming the skin. Lemon water also flushes out toxic materials from the blood and keeps the skin clear and radiant. Drinking lemon water daily can rejuvenate the skin from within.
Lightens Acne Scars
- Lemon contains antibacterial properties and loaded with vitamin C and citric acid. It also has exfoliating, skin-lightening, and astringent properties that are very effective in curing scars caused by acne, blackheads and skin infections. Drinking water every day can also help prevent them from forming.
Promotes Hair Growth
- Lemon has long been used not only for the skin but also for hair remedies. Lemons are loaded with nutrients that are essential for healthy hair. Drinking lemon water is rich in vitamin C which is very important in boosting collagen production that helps hair growth. Its antifungal properties also help maintain scalp health and stimulate re-growth from dormant hair follicles.
Cure for Oily Scalp
- Excessive oily hair and scalp can be lessened naturally by daily intake of lemon water. Lemon water is capable of decreasing the secretion of oil glands in the scalp, thereby preventing the hair follicles from getting clogged, and leaving your hair much manageable.
Cure and Prevent Dry Scalp and Dandruff
- Lemon is tested remedy for dry scalp and dandruff. The citric acid content of lemon juice helps fight dandruff naturally and helps in restoring the normal pH balance of the scalp. It also has antimicrobial properties that fight the fungus that causes the appearance of dandruff.
Immune System Booster
- Lemon juice is loaded with vitamin C which is an essential nutrient that our body needs to fight viruses and certain diseases like cold and flu. Drinking lemon water every morning can boost one’s immune system, as a result, you don’t get to catch illnesses frequently.
Improve Digestive System
- Lemon water is not only effective in flushing toxins out of the body, it is an outstanding remedy for indigestion such as bloating, heartburn, and burping. Drinking lemon in the morning allows the smooth passing of bowels which in turn will leave you feeling fresh and active all throughout the day.
Helps You Lose Weight
- Lemon water has good effects on your weight loss process. It contains pectin fiber which is effective for fighting cravings for food at odd hours.
Promotes Oral Health
- The citric acid content of lemon water strengthen the tooth enamel, relieves toothache and gingivitis, and helps fight oral bacteria that causes bad breath.
Lemon water has endless benefits to your skin, hair, and health. Start drinking lemon water now and see its amazing results.