Many people have to deal with the itchy and irritating feeling of scalp acne. If you really don’t know what it is, you might think that it is just some kind of rash, but actually it is not. Because not may people are aware that scalp acne exists, we think that it is our duty to share some valuable information for all of you.
These pesky pimples or scalp acne is defined as an inflammatory disorder of the hair follicles in the scalp and is characterized by small, very itchy pustules on the scalp and often become sore and crusted. The fact that many people are not aware of this kind of scalp problem and unsure of what to do, it is often neglected. Scalp acne, if not treated could be something else in the long run.
What Causes Scalp Acne
There are a lot of major factors that can contribute to the development of scalp acne:
- Hot weather
- Environmental pollutants
- Inflammation caused by bacteria
- Oily or greasy scalp
- Blocked pores caused by using hair products such as gel, conditioners, and hair oils
- Heavy smoking and taking certain drugs like corticosteroids, lithium, and estrogen or androgen
- Stress, improper hygiene, and unbalanced diet
How to Effectively Prevent and Eliminate Scalp Acne
There are many ways of preventing the occurrence of scalp acne. Below is the list of the most effective ways on how to eliminate and prevent this kind of scalp disorder.
- Make sure that you wash your hair thoroughly and regularly to eliminate bacteria build-up and remove excess oils.
- Scalp acne is contagious, avoid sharing towels and combs.
- Keep your scalp clean and balance. Oily and dry scalp can both cause scalp acne. Too much oil can cause the scalp to be greasy making bumps appear and dry scalp can make cause itchy feeling and flaking.
- Use only medicated to cure scalp acne.
- If you plan to wash your hair every day, make sure to use mild shampoo only.
- Use a cream with salicylic acid to treat scalp acne.
- If scalp does not respond to topical applications, consult your doctor for an oral medication to cure severe scalp acne.
To avoid this kind of problem or any order scalp disorder, make sure to always check the label of your hair products. Choose a shampoo and conditioner that is mild and made only with natural ingredients. Using a well-formulated hair product can prevent scalp disorder and help maintain a healthy hair and scalp.